Our latest 450HP motor, this one is a an EFI though.
Our 450HP is our entry level for the all aluminum LS motors. Our all aluminum motors offer several benefits over the iron blocks. Weight is the most obvious benefit which makes a boat run better in every way. These motor weights around 500lbs complete with all accessories and a gear box. The aluminum block dissipates more heat allowing for a smaller radiator, so less air is blocked going to the prop, plus coolant volume and weight is reduced. Since the aluminum block dissipates heat and expands at twice the rate of cast iron, we have seen many aluminum motors survive a catastrophic overheating that would certainly destroy an iron block motor. This motor is based off the G.M. LS1 which is a 5.7L / 346 cubic inches. We use G.M. parts for this motor unless upgrades are ordered. Every part used on this motor is new except the alternator, which we have custom built for our application.
All of our 450 horsepower all aluminum engines come with:
All of our 450 horsepower motors get the following labor performed:
- G.M. LS1 5.7L / 346 cubic inch aluminum short block
- A custom ground cam to match your application
- H.D. Large single roller timing chain
- Ported oil pump
- G.M. aluminum cylinder heads depend on the gear ratio and application
- G.M. roller rockers
- Long Stainless Steel carb studs, washers, and lock nuts
- 1 inch 4 hole phenolic spacer
- 700 cfm Holley Double Pumper Carburetor with 50cc accelerator pump
- Long runner single plane intake
- High energy programmable MSD control box
- G.M. coil packs
- Custom WaterThunder Performance sheet metal coil covers, powder coated in color of your choice
- Wix 51522 oil filter
- NGK R5671A-8 spark plugs
- Filled with Mobil 1 oil
- Valve seat pressures set
- Block and plug power on demand lifter bleed off holes
- Camshaft installed and degreed (phased) to appropriate centerline
- Oil pump blueprinted and all passages in pan and oil pump ported to improve flow
- Set oil pump pressure bypass control according to oil used
- Engines are filled with oil and test run, inspected for oil leaks and leak down tested after break in
- Break-in Oil filter is removed and inspected and a new filter installed
- All engines must meet our requirements for idle oil pressure, max oil pressure and leak down percentage, along with exhaust gas temperatures
- We have a quality assurance guide line sheet that all engines must meet 100% before delivery
This motor is: $7,999*
We also offer a complete package.
The complete package is above motor and all parts of the parts listed below.
- G.M. water pump modified for easy cooling system filling and burping
- 160 degree thermostat and housing
- Bubble tube and two blocks
- 2 Crankcase breathers
- Block mounted 115 amp self exciting one wire alternator
- Auto tensioner, idler pulley, bracket, and serpentine belt
- H.D. flywheel with matching bolt pattern for your reduction unit
- Light weight High torque starter with bolts
- Short tube Stainless Steel headers
- Multi-layer aluminum Percy's header gaskets with bolts and lock washers
- New performance plug wires
When you buy our complete motor packages. You only need to bolt on your gearbox and prop. Bolt on your motor mounts. Bolt in and wire the engine. Plum the fuel lines from your fuel pump to the carb bowls. Run cooling lines to your radiator and burp tank. Fill it with 50/50 mix of Dex-cool and water. Hook up guages and top it off with your air cleaner. We provide everything else. We will also bolt up your gearbox for free if you bring or ship it to us.
This package is: $9,499*
* All parts and prices are subject to change without notice.